We sincerely hope that you are having a blessed, happy, and peaceful Christmas season as we prepare to celebrate the birthday of our Lord. We want to express our appreciation to you for your willing participation in our endeavor to improve our dismissal procedures. We realize that there are some areas that need to be improved; however, overall, we have been very pleased with the new procedure. We hope that you agree that it has been successful, thanks to your cooperation and patience!
We will continue to make changes as necessary, and we welcome your input. Below are some of the points that we think will make the dismissal occur more smoothly. These will be in place when you return from Christmas break on January 3, 2022.
- All students, including the Kindergarten class, will be dismissed at 3:30 p.m. We will no longer dismiss Kindergarten at 3:15.
- The staff will not be in position to dismiss until 3:30, our official dismissal time. We will not call students to leave the building until 3:30.
- To keep traffic moving smoothly, if you need to help your children get safely buckled into car seats or seat belts or to get their items organized for take off, please pull over to the parking area where the crosses are as soon as the children get into your car..
- Also, we may ask you to move to the area of the crosses if your child is late coming out of the building or has forgotten something and has to go back into the building or if you need to go into the building for any reason.
- Remember, do not park in the middle section of the parking lot during dismissal. This can be dangerous for those leaving the building and blocks the view of drivers and staff.
- The placards you have for your numbers are temporary because the new dismissal procedures were put into place as a trial. We realize these placards are not sturdy. We will be ordering a better set for you. Because these are made of a better quality, they are more expensive. Therefore, we will be providing each family with 2 placards instead of 4. You may share those with others driver who may be picking up your children.
- If you wish additional placards, you may order them for $5.00 each. The order must be placed by January 3, 2022, because we will order all the new placards on January 4th. The first 2 are free. Please fill out the order form we sent home and return it with the money on January 3rd.
Thank you for your assistance in making this new procedure a success. We wish all of you a healthy, safe, and blessed Christmas and New Year.